CUA40720 Certificate IV in Design
Certificate IV in Design
Course Code: CUA40720
CRICOS Code: 110397C
Delivery mode: On Campus
Course Duration: 52 weeks
Location: Sydney Campus
Average weekly pay
Have vocational qualification to enter the market
Available employment opportunities
The Certificate IV in Design equips graduates with the solid foundational skills and knowledge needed for an exciting and successful career in Design.
In addition, on completing this qualification, graduates will have learned to apply creative thinking skills using a variety of visual elements such as images, text, colour and graphics to solve ‘real-world’ visual communication problems.
Graduates will apply their skills to create designs for different mediums, including print and screen, using current technologies that address client needs and effectively communicate desired messages to targeted audiences.
This qualification is beneficial to those who wish to begin their career in the design industry and it will help students to learn the fundamentals of design.
By undertaking this course, students will gain skills and knowledge in:
· Creative and critical thinking techniques to interpret design briefs and identify solutions
· Articulating and documenting the process of developing their own design practice
· Communicating effectively with others about ideas and created work
· Producing creative works that reflect an emerging individual style, using safe and sustainable work practices.
· Creating user interfaces incorporating user experience principles
· Visual design technologies, techniques and communication principles to produce ideas, concepts and design solutions
By completing this course, you will be tailoring your career to specialise within a creative field such as:
• Junior Graphic Design Assistant
• Interior Design Assistant
• Interior Decoration Assistant
• Fashion Design Assistant
• Furniture Design Assistant
|Apply critical thinking to work practices
|Integrate colour theory and design processes
|Source and apply information on the history and theory of design
|Interpret and respond to a design brief
|Realise a creative project
|Apply work health and safety practices
|Use typography techniques
|Prepare video assets
|Articulate, present and debate ideas
|Explore the use of colour
|Produce drawings to communicate ideas
|Create user interfaces
|Use typography techniques
|Write content for a range of media
|Create visual design components
Every student will have an initial interview to assess their individual learning needs and their language, literacy and numeracy skills.
• Completed Australian Year 12 or equivalent
• IELTS 5.5 English language equivalence if a non-native English speaker
• Be aged over 17 for Domestic Students and over 18 for International Students.
Blended learning; 33% online and 67% face-to-face learning.
Got any questions? ask the acbi team.
Get In Touch
To contact our student recruitment team, please submit a form below.