BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Course Code: BSB41419
Delivery mode: 100% online study
Course Duration: 52 weeks
WHS Advisor average salary
*Source: Talent 2022
WHS Manager average salary
*Source: Talent 2022
Gaining a nationally recognised qualification in Work Health and Safety can help you kickstart and accelerate your WHS career.
The course will equip those working as a safety advisor, WHS personnel and workers in other WHS-related roles who manage risk effectively and apply relevant WHS laws and contribute to WHS within the workplace. You will also develop transferable business skills in delivering presentations and the documentation of best practices.
Whether you’re wanting to change careers or you’re looking to gain formal recognition for your WHS experience, the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety can help you get there.
WHS skills are needed are in a wide range of industries, from public administration and technical services to construction. Studying the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety will equip you with a foundation in WHS. You’ll be prepared to assist with managing WHS within an organisation.
By undertaking this course, you will develop skills and knowledge in:
- Identifying the legal framework for WHS, provide advice, establish, and maintain the legislative compliance
- Consulting and contributing information and data on WHS and identifying and understanding roles and responsibilities for recording information.
- Identifying workplace risk and hazards, undertaking a risk assessment, developing controls for managing and evaluating its effectiveness.
- Contributing to developing, implementing, and reviewing a WHSMS plan
- Preparing, undertaking, and collecting incident response and reporting.
- Preparing, assisting, and monitoring the induction of contractors and addressing noncompliance with them.
- Establishing, implementing, and monitoring sustainable work practices and its outcome
- Planning, drafting, and writing complex work documents
- Preparing, delivering, and reviewing presentations
- Establishing, implementing, and monitoring performance of sustainable work practices
- Identifying hazardous chemicals used in the workplace, developing processes and procedures to control the hazardous chemicals, and implementing and reviewing the same
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) Systems Officer
- Work Health and Safety Coordinator
- Safety Health and Wellbeing Advisor
|BSBWHS412||Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws|
|BSBWHS413||Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation process|
|BSBWHS414||Contribute to WHS risk management|
|BSBWHS415||Contribute to implementing WHS management systems|
|BSBWHS416||Contribute to workplace incident response|
|BSBWHS418||Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors|
|BSBSUS411||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|BSBWRT411||Write complex documents|
|BSBWHS431||Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace|
You must be 18 years of age or older at the time of enrolment. You must:
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate III level or higher, OR
- Hold a minimum of two years equivalent full-time work experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
You must also have access to a workplace.
100% online study – fit your study around your life.
While most of ACBI’s online students complete their Certificate IV qualification in 12 months, it may be possible to complete your qualification sooner. For example, some of our Certificate IV graduates have finished their course within 6 months.
If you’re interested in completing this qualification in less than 12 months, contact one of our course advisors to find out how.
Got any questions? ask the acbi team.
Get In Touch
To contact our student recruitment team, please submit a form below.